Terms and Conditions
- As a condition of your entry you acknowledge that participation is at your own risk and that you are aware the activities involving horses can be hazardous and that the servants, agents, representatives or volunteers accept no responsibility or liability for any injury or loss that you might sustain as a direct or indirect consequence of participating whether such injury is a consequence of any act or omission by the servants, agents, representatives or volunteers.
- You agree to participate at your own risk
- You agree to not ride if you are under the influence of alcohol and or drugs
- You agree Horse Competition Online are not responsible for your actions or result of your actions.
- You agree Horse Competition Online are not responsible for injury or death to the rider or horse.
- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the 'Competition Terms') are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
- The Rules apply to any competition (the 'Competition') that is promoted on the Horse Competition Online website and by entering the Competition; you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- Horse Competitions Online reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of Horse Competitiions Online reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the Horse Competitions Online website. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision Horse Competitions Online shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Horse Competitions Online.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Horse Competitions Online reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open to persons of any age. Horse Competitions Online assumes that by entering into the Competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person's entry into the Competition and these Rules. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Horse Competitions Onlines satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such on the entry.
- Horse Competitions Online reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to Horse Competitions Online disqualifying that person, without Horse Competitioins Online giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, Horse Competitions Online will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
- Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No Entries will be accepted after the closing date unless specifically arranged prior between the entrant and Horse Competitions Online.
- Any material deemed unsuitable to be judged will not be judged or used as promotional material on Horse Competitions Online website.
- Copyright laws must be adhered to when submitting any video footage or photographs or printed material.
- The judge’s decision is final, there will not be protests or discussion concerning placing’s within a competition ran by Horse Competitions Online
- Horse Competitions Online will not accept an entry without payment, any video’s taken will not be judged and will be ignored
- Videos must be submitted within timeframe required, at the discretion of Horse Competitions Online we may extend the closing date for a test or make an exception where written application is requested. Horse Competitions Online have the discretion to change dates without notifying competitors.
- Horse Competitions Online competitions are open to all ages, competitors under 18 must have parental permissions before submitting entries. Parents/Guardians must sign the entry forms
- Horse Competitions Online will not be liable for any costs incurred as a result of copyright laws or infringement by any competitor or third party.
- Any video’s submitted which are unsuitable for judging, will be requested to re-do the test, it is up to the competitor to re-do test; no money will be refunded if the tests are not re-submitted.
- Horse Competitions Online has the right to refuse an entry, if Horse Competitions Online feels the video is not in keeping with the rules of the competition.
- In-appropriate videos will be ignored.
- Horse Competitions Online will not be responsible for any competitors being dishonest or untruthful when submitting their video or entry form. It is expected all competitors will complete the required test within the required timeframe and not submit any test which has previously been judged.
- All material on this site is owned by Horse Competitions Online
- Horse Competitions Online will not be responsible for any rider or horse which injures them or their horse during the videoing or training of a dressage test.
- Riders can compete in as many tests as they would like, although in doing more than 3 tests, these must be completed over a minimum of 2 days.
- Competitors can enter the same class twice and be judged for both tests. No more than two entries for the same test by the same horse and rider combination.
- By entering a Horse Competitions Online competition all competitors/parents/guardians are deemed to have understood and accepted all rules governed by Horse Competitions Online and must agree to abide by all of them.
- Horses must only be trained and compete on suitable and safe surfaces. All obstacles must be designed with the safety of the horse in mind. The arena size needs to be 20 x 60 and clearly marked with safe letters.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, the outcome of all classes will be deemed as accurate.
- It is at the discretion of the competitors to compete at appropriate levels, however after the first year of competing with Horse Competitions Online, it is at Horse Competitions Online discretion if we choose to request riders to step up to the next level, ensuring a fair competition for all. As a general rule of thumb, if you have won the leader board for a specific level it would be expected you will be competing at the next level the following year, if you placed high, within the top 5 you should be already training and stepping up throughout the following year. Horse Competitions Online will request riders to step up as they become regular placegetters, Horse Competitions Online will not request a rider to step up within a year only at the beginning of a year of performance.
- Spurs – maybe used on horses 4 years and older for English, if it is deemed incorrect use or harsh equipment is being used, the test will not be judged and the competitor will be notified they may re-do test and submit again, time will be allowed for the re-do. Western Dressage competitions, spurs are allowed on any age horse; they must be vertical and rowel free rotating.
- Whips – riders of horse may carry a whip up to 1.20cm and riders with ponies may carry a whip up to 1.00m, the measuring of the whip includes the tassel at the end. The test will not be judged and the competitor will be notified if it is deemed incorrect use or harsh treatment to the horse by using the whip, the competitor will be notified they may re-do test and submit again, time will be allowed for the re-do.
- Lameness – in the case of lameness during a test, the competitor will be notified the test cannot be judged and the competitor will be provided time to re-do their test.
- Disease /sickness – no horse showing symptoms of disease / sickness or other significant ailments or pre-existing clinical conditions should compete.
- Training – throughout all training and preparation of a horse for Horse Competitions Online competitions, the welfare of the horse must take precedence over the competition.
- Tack – must be well fitted to avoid pain, injury to any horse
- Doping & Medication – as Horse Competitions Online is an online competition it is reliant on the competitors to be truthful about their horse’s health and wellbeing, at no time should a horse compete who is medicated or doped.
- Horse Competitions Online accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- Horse Competitions Online accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed either by post or computer error.
- You agree that Horse Competitions Online and any third party authorized by Horse Competitions Online may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the Horse Competitions Online website, facebook, internet based program or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to Horse Competitions Online the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give Horse Competitions Online (and any third party authorized by Horse Competitions Online your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
- Horse Competitions Online will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves to participate in any reasonable post-Competition publicity.
- Horse Competitions Online is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- This policy together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU - We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in entry forms. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Horse Competitions Online and when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, Web blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
We may also use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services, which may be of interest to you, and they or we may contact you a bout these by [post or telephone].