Questions and Answers
In no particular order
What is the process?
1. Enter online via nominate - https://www.nominate.com.au/equestdn/Nominate.aspx
2. Ride test during designated timeframes
3. Submit video via thumb drive or u-tube
a. Thumb drive is to be mailed
b. U-tube URL is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. After closing date, all tests will be judged by a qualified judge
5. Tests will be returned via mail for placegetters and emailed for non-placegetters.
6. Ribbons through to 3rd place
Where do I video the test from? - Tests are to be videoed from C position (where a judge would sit)
Can I have a caller? - As these are not official tests you can have a caller
Can I ride in a paddock? - A dressage arena is 60 x 20, you can mark out an area within a paddock, and however it must be clearly bordered. Letters are to be clearly marked out in the correct position.
When does the judging start? - Similar to any test, once you enter the arena at A you are being judged
Attire, do I have to wear jacket, tie etc? - Clean and tidy clothing is required, you do not have to wear a jacket, tie etc.
What are the costs involved? - $25.00 for the test, no further costs are involved to enter. You are not required to be a member.
What is the leader board? - The leader board determines the overall hi-point throughout the year. As this is the first year, their will only be 1 hi-point for overall English and another for Western. After the first year and as more people compete we will advance this to each level hi-point.
How do I get onto the leader board? - All competitors will automatically be added to the leader board, as a horse and rider combination.
Will the same tests be judged each month? - No, each month a new test will be selected. Later in the year we will also be having freestyle tests within the levels so you can choose to make your own test up to music or complete the more formal tests.
How do I enter? - Go to nominate https://www.nominate.com.au/equestdn/Nominate.aspx select English or Western Dressage and then follow the prompts
How do I send in my video? - You can provide your video in two ways.
1. Download onto a thumb drive and ensure you ride the test between the designated dates and the thumb drive must be received prior to closing date. Thumb drive can be mailed back with judged tests
2. Upload the video to u-tube, send the link to email@example.com prior to closing date
Are the judges qualified? - English tests will be judged by an EA judge. Western Dressage are currently building a judges assessment exam, until this is completed and we have western dressage qualified judges, we will be using a judge who has been supporting western dressage from the beginning, the same judge will also be assisting with the setup of the Judges Assessment Exams.
Can the horse wear bandages/boots? - As this is not an official event, yes the horse can wear bandages or boots.
Will I be able to view other competitor’s tests? - Only if the competitors upload the video to U-tube as a public video.